Full-Time ACE HARDWARE-SMITHFIELD LOCATION
Do you have great customer service skills? Enjoy having Sundays off? Join our Ace Hardware team!!
2 Positions, 1 Full Time Day Cashier, 1 Part Time Evening Clerk (3pm-9pm 20-25 hrs)
Saturday Availability is a must
The major responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service which follows the S.A.L.E.S process and by mystery shop standards
- Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Execute the daily operational, day-to-day goals and priorities assigned by store management
- Assist in the training and development of peers
- Actively participate in daily huddle meetings
- Uphold merchandising and store cleanliness standards
- Participate in the processing of new shipments and help the team to keep the receiving and back stock area clean and organized
- Responsive of safety issues
- Conscious of shoplifting activity
- Aid customers in locating merchandising in store, on acehardware.com, as well as, processing special orders
- Solicit customers to open an Ace Rewards card
- Answer customers’ questions and provide information on procedures and policies
The minimum requirements for this position include:
- Education/Training: High School degree, some college preferred. Possess vast product knowledge of hardware related products along with a willingness to learn.
- Experience: Sales and marketing experience with retail programs, establishing relationships and working with customers
- Previous experience in a retail environment either in marketing, sales, or back office.
- Skills/Knowledge: Knowledge of retail computer systems, MS Word and Excel a plus.
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds frequently to load and unload customer orders.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.