Full-Time Ace Hardware Store Manager
At Ace Hardware we believe PEOPLE are the foundation of our business. Our CULTURE is unique and exciting; our VALUES encourage HELPING customers with their home improvement needs while providing them with a FUN shopping EXPERIENCE. Our team members are friendly and possess a great sense of PRIDE and ENERGY.
The Store Manager is responsible for the complete day-to-day operation of the store. They are responsible for maximizing store sales and profitability, along with managing expenses while ensuring that the store is optimally stocked and merchandised and that all customers are provided with excellent customer service. A store manager contributes to the growth and development of the management team and store associates.
The major responsibilities for this position include:
- Drive store sales by ensuring that all customers are acknowledged, customer projects needs are met, and concerns are resolved quickly
- Hire, train and develop retail staff with goals for growth and success in their positions, provide performance feedback and recognize accomplishments
- Coordinate the overall supervision of retail staff to ensure sales performance goals are met and procedures are followed accurately
- Regulate retail inventory to reduce shrinkage, maintain appropriate stock levels and ensure report accuracy
- Direct the shipping, receiving and inventory flow for the store
- Forecast scheduling needs to meet customer demand and create work schedules
- Delegate daily workload among associates to meet merchandising and visual presentation standards
- Enforces safety policies and procedures; is a safety role model
The minimum requirements for this position include:
- Education/Training: High School degree, some college preferred. Posses a vast product knowledge of hardware related products along with a willingness to learn
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years retail management experience
- Skills/Knowledge: Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of retail computer systems, MS Word and Excel a plus.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth
Job responsibilities may change based on the needs of the business.