Full-Time Assistant Meat Manager-HEBER
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY IN A MEAT SHOP?
LEES MARKETPLACE IN HEBER IS LOOKING FOR A POSITIVE, CONFIDENT, EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUAL TO BECOME OUR NEWEST ASSISTANT MEAT MANAGER!!
Supervisor: MEAT MANAGER
Hours: Full time, MUST BE AVAILABLE ANYTIME BETWEEN 5AM-9PM
Position Summary: Assisting with the overall efficient operation of the Meat Department. This responsibility will include implementation of all company policies, budgets and operating procedures within the department. In this position, you will be the “right hand man” to our current meat manager. He will teach you the ins and outs of the meat shop so that you may be able to run the shop when he is not present and have the opportunity develop skills to advance with in the company as a possible meat manager.
• Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
• Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
• Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
• Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential harmful situation to management.
• Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members.
• Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
• Insure that proper receiving methods are used and that product is refrigerated immediately.
• Instruct and teach department team members the proper methods of product care and processing of fresh and processed meat products. This will include proper handling and cutting of all meat products.
• Maintain proper freshness, pricing, code dating, tares and merchandising of the Meat Department in compliance with governmental guidelines and company policies and procedures.
• Assist in proper department pricing, rotating and merchandising to meet company policies, procedures and objectives.
• Assist in maintaining effective control of department sales, wage expense and inventory in line with established budgets and guidelines.
• Work with Meat Manager on establishing and monitoring team member work schedules within the department.
• Help plan aggressive merchandising programs for increased sales. Assist store management with cross merchandising ideas with other departments.
• Help maintain an awareness of competitive activity within the store marketing areas at all times as it relates to the Meat Department.
• Conduct periodic weight checks to insure compliance with state standards.
• Monitor and control all department supplies, service and delivery functions.
Experience: 2+ years in the meat industry
Minimum Age: 18 Years of age.
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 80+ pounds
Equipment: meat saw, grinder, cubing machine, wrapping machine, knives, slicer, steamer, and scales.
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED; or related job experience and/or training are required.
This job description is a summary of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.