Part-Time Bakery Clerk-Smithfield
Would you enjoy working in a fresh scratch bakery?
Do you have excellent customer service skills?
Lee’s Marketplace is hiring Bakery Clerks!!
Supervisor: BAKERY MANAGER
Hours: PART-TIME, (15-24 hours) MUST BE AVAILABLE BETWEEN 1PM-9PM
Position Summary: To assist in any way possible the total operation of the Bakery Department. You and your department are a creative and exciting extension of the total store. It may be you that will determine a customer’s shopping preference. As one of the store’s customer relation’s representatives, you will help build good will by carrying out your responsibilities in a cheerful, efficient and courteous manner.
- Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
- Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
- Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
- Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential legal situation to management.
- Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members. Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
- Assisting in maintaining proper freshness, code dating, tares and merchandising of the Bakery Department in compliance with governmental guidelines and company policies and procedures.
- Assist in proper department pricing, rotating and merchandising to meet company policies, procedures and objectives.
- Help maintain an awareness of competitive activity within the store marketing areas at all times as it relates to the Bakery Department.
- Help to insure that the physical appearance of the department, including selling and backroom areas meet maintenance and sanitation standards of the company and government regulatory agencies at all times.
- Help to maintain all department equipment in good working order.
- Responsible for cleanliness of department as directed by Bakery Department Manager.
Minimum Age: 18 Years of age
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 30+ pounds
Equipment: oven, fryer, slicer, wrapping machine, bread molding machine, cake cutting band saw, batter mixer, scales, etc.
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication:Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED;
Other: Food Handler’s Permit required (Can be obtained after hired)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required, any other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.