Full-Time Bakery Manager-Heber
ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED BAKER LOOKING FOR A GREAT MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITY?
LEES MARKETPLACE IN HEBER IS HIRING A BAKERY MANAGER!!
Supervisor: STORE DIRECTOR
Hours: Full time, Must be available from 12am-10pm Sunday-Saturday.
Position Summary: The Bakery Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Bakery Department. This will include implementation of all company policies, budgets and operating procedures within your sphere of authority. Your department is a creative, exciting and profitable extension of the total store.
- Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
- Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
- Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
- Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential harmful situation to management.
- Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members.
- Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the Bakery Department.
- Know and have the ability to cost out all material to determine proper retails.
- Know and have the ability to do a master production sheet.
- Aid in the development and growth of all department personnel by insuring regular implementation of company training, evaluation, and counseling procedures.
- Possess sufficient knowledge and ability to teach others all fundamentals of bakery production. This will include mixing, scaling, proofing, baking, frying and finishing.
- Plan aggressive merchandising programs for increased sales. Assist management with cross merchandising ideas with other departments.
- Maintain effective control of department labor and inventory in line with established budgets and guidelines.
- Responsible for gross profit, merchandising, preparing and displaying product within the set standards and guidelines.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive activity within the store marketing areas at all times as it relates to the Bakery Department.
- Perform team member evaluations in an effective manner and on a timely basis.
- With the Store Director, develop and coordinate team member work schedules within the department to insure maximum customer service, productivity and efficiency.
- Instruct and/or assist in the receiving, storing, pricing and merchandising of all bakery products.
Experience: 2+ years Scratch Baking Experience preferred, Career minded individual with management experience.
Minimum Age: 18 Years of age.
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 80+ pounds
Equipment: Oven, fryer, slicer, wrapping machine, bread molding machine, cake cutting band saw, batter mixer, scales, etc.
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED; or related job experience and/or training are required.
This job description is a summary of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.