Jones Simkins is currently interviewing qualified applicants for a full-time bookkeeping position with benefits in our Logan office. If interested in working for a fun, outgoing firm apply today. Check out website at www.jones-simkins.com to learn more about our firm.
Basic Function: The bookkeeper position creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. Applicants must be able to manage multiple bookkeeping accounts, payrolls, and client relationships in an efficient and professional manner. Previous CPA firm experience desired.
Qualified applicants MUST have 2+ years’ experience with payroll, quarterly reports, closing books and financial statement preparation.
Some of the responsibilities that you must already be able to do are:
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Issue invoices to customers
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Issue financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Proficiency in QuickBooks, including QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office particularly Excel is REQUIRED, this is non-negotiable.
Salary: $14.00 to $19.00 /hour