Full-Time Building Materials Operations Manager – Salt Lake City
Sunroc Building Materials is looking for individuals who want an energizing career and who believe in the time honored values of honesty, quality, and working with the best. Voted one of Utah’s “2018 Top Places to Work,” Sunroc offers a supportive culture, excellent compensation and an industry-leading benefits package.
Sunroc Building Materials is seeking a Building Materials Operations Manager in our Salt Lake City Building Materials Facility. This position will oversee the key administrative and operational functions, including: Operations, paperwork flow, purchasing & receiving, inventory control, computer systems training, and A/P functions.
- Oversee and manage location receiving functions and associated direct reports;
- Oversee location “retail floor” operations to include merchandising, organization, and cleaning;
- Oversee and manage location purchasing functions, including the following:
- Intra company transfer processes;
- Outside vendor purchasing processes.
- Oversee and manage location accounts payable functions;
- Manage sales counter employees to excellent customer service;
- Provide computer systems training and support for all location employees;
- Assist as needed with employee hiring, terminating, orientation, and performance reviews;
- Provide overall location support to all departments as required;
- Provide location management during times when location manager is not available;
- Ensure compliance with all operations safety requirements;
- Adhere to standards of conduct as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Code of Conduct;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of SBM products and services.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Strong sales and customer service skills;
- Practical mathematic and measuring skills;
- Effective management skills;
- Ability to achieve performance objectives in a time-sensitive and quality-centered environment;
- 3-5 years’ experience in Lumber, Millwork, or a related field;
- Microsoft Office Suite, including: Work, Outlook, Excel, etc.