Full-Time Building Materials Outside Sales Representative
FUNCTION: The SBM Outside Sales Representative is responsible for developing Sunroc’s customer base in the Eastern Idaho Region.
- Drive new and existing sales of Sunroc products and services, specifically lumber and millwork;
- Establish and maintain working relationships with current and prospective customers;
- Investigate new opportunities, markets and products;
- Research project requirements and determine sales prospects for products;
- Establish prices in the accounting system for products and services;
- Quote prices for products and freight to current and prospective customers;
- Prepare and maintain accurate sales, activity, and expense reports;
- Monitor customer job progress and accuracy of product tickets and orders;
- Perform credit collection on assigned customers;
- Assist field labor as needed;
- Establish working relationships with employees that have initial contact with customers;
- Work closely with managers to determine customer requirements, coordinate the availability of products, and evaluate costs and pricing;
- Maintain an insurable driving record;
- Ensure a safe and healthful work environment at all times.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Effective sales and customer service skills;
- Strong knowledge of SBM products and services, especially with regards to lumber, millwork, doors, etc.;
- In-depth building materials industry and product knowledge;
- Solid understanding of the Eastern Idaho building materials/construction industry;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Able to accurately assess customer project and design needs and provide to provide proactive solutions;
- Strong computer proficiency with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- High level of professionalism and personal responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical sales, marketing, or related field or equivalent experience;
- 10 years’ experience in sales, construction or building materials a plus.
- Physical Work Requirements – Medium: exerting up to 25 lbs of force regularly;
- Repetitive motion associated with operating equipment;
- Regular exposure to the elements;