Full-Time Busy Dental Office Needs Hygienist
We’re looking for a professional, friendly, reliable, and gentle Hygienist for our busy dental office!
Hygiene appointments are single booked for 1 hour with an assistant as needed.
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am to 2:00pm.
Competitive wage and benefits based on experience.
Experience with Dentrix and Dexis imaging is a plus.
If you feel you’re the fit, please send in your resume!
Professional position overview:
- Responsible to provide dental prophylaxis and periodontal therapy and maintenance
- Application of fluoride solutions, varnishes, and sealants
- Must be proficient and capable to administer local anesthetic agents
- Limited duty to assist the dentist as required (i.e. x-rays, impressions, etc)
Hygienist responsibilities to include:
- Clean calculus deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using a Cavitron and dental instruments
- Conduct oral cancer screenings.
- Examine periodontium using a periodontal probe, to locate periodontal defects and signs of gum disease.
- Apply fluoride and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Take X-Rays
Requires completion of an accredited school of dental hygiene and possession of a license to practice dental hygiene in the State of Utah.
Salary: $30.00 to $32.00 /hour