Full-Time Cake Decorator – Smithfield
Are you a creative person? Do you like having Sundays off? Our Cake Decorator position is responsible for producing and decorating a majority of our cake items from start to finish in a fast, efficient manner as directed by management and based on special orders. Cake decorating skills and talents are essential to create an atmosphere of excitement and guest confidence.
Shift: 7am-3pm, Days vary, Saturdays are required 30+ Hours Per Week
- Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
- Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
- Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
- Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential legal situation to management.
- Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members. Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
- Maintains cake decorating skills and talents. Seeks updated information regarding the required decorating skills and new trends.
- Responsible for the complete processing of larger tier cake orders, including taking orders, producing the cakes and ensuring the final accounting of accessories for which a deposit is to be refunded.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of all novelties and supplies necessary for cake decoration. Assist in the receiving and storing of bakery products.
- Maintains adequate and appropriate department records at all times.
- Capable of producing other bakery items as directed by the Bakery Manager.
Experience: Previous bakery and cake decorating experience preferred
Minimum Age: 18 Years of age
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 30+ pounds
Equipment: Required to use or operate oven, slicer, cake cutting band saw, batter mixer, scales, etc.
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED; or related job experience and/or training are required.
Other: Food Handler’s Permit required