Part-Time Cashier- Logan
Do you love working with the community and have excellent customer service skills?
Lees Marketplace is taking applications for cashiers!
Would you like Sunday off? We have great opportunities at Lee’s MarketPlace as a part time cashier, Must be at least 18 years old and available Monday thru Saturday. Several Positions and Shifts available, Part Time, availability either 10am to 10pm or 3pm to Midnight shifts.
Store cashier certification requirements must be met and maintained for this position. This is an extremely important position not only as a valued cashier, but this individual is expected to be a positive example for other team members and assist in developing other cashiers. Checkout is one of the last and most important experiences that our guests encounter in our store. You must at all times express exceptional interpersonal skills and enjoy interacting with the public. Our guests are to be treated with kindness and respect; and their purchases must be processed efficiently and accurately.
• Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
• Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
• Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
• Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential harmful situation to management.
• Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members.
• Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; meets productivity standards.
• Must pass and maintain all current store certification requirements.
• Ensure behavior and productivity is always at the highest possible standard Continually use your experience and expertise to help develop the other cashiers.
• Possesses knowledge of all product locations throughout the store and assists guests.
• Operates cash register and performs all related checkout procedures in a fast, efficient, friendly and accurate manner. Completes all responsibilities within company guidelines and procedures and as directions by Front End Manager and/or other store management.
• Maintains knowledge of current perishable codes to assure fast check out for guests.
• Possesses knowledge and follows all ID policies on check and alcohol, etc.
• When necessary, bags guest purchases in a fast and efficient manner in compliance with recommended company procedures.
• Is aware of Ad items, special prices, coupon deals or other features that apply to the store’s sales program.
• Notifies proper personnel of any pricing errors or items not found in file discovered through the process of the checkout function.
• Is knowledgeable and capable of implementing all related security and cash drawer accounting procedures as outlined by company policies and as directed by supervisors or management.
• Meets productivity and accuracy standards. Is aware of and maintains ‘over and short’ policies within the store guidelines. Seeks additional training if needed and understands the disciplinary process that could result if violations are not corrected.
Minimum Age: 18 Years of age
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 30+ pounds
Equipment: Cash register
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear, and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED; or related job experience and/or training are required.
This job description is a summary of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.