Full-Time CNC Machinist
*$2,500 SIGN ON BONUS*
Job Location: Logan, UT
Responsible for setup horizontal and vertical CNC machines to produce precision metal parts. Produces prototypes, small or large volumes of metal parts. Ensure products meet precise specifications. We are a high volume manufacturing facility in the sporting goods industry that strives for quality, customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, and employee morale. We are looking for a candidate with very well maintained attention to detail, problem solving, team work and math skills.
- Set-up moderately complex jobs on computerized numerical control (CNC) machines to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machine ability of materials, and layout techniques. Able to run multiple machines at one time.
- Review and understand blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and set up requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, grinders, and tooling pre-setter.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow and enter command to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media; observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of–tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings to programmed control data ensuring functionality and performance.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Responsible to assist in the training of personnel as required.
- Confers with design, production personnel, programmers or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Complete essential documentation as required
- Assure all policies and procedures are followed and safety precautions are taken to reduce the risk of injury.
- Maintain a clean work area and assure safe operation of all equipment.
- Must be available on reasonable notice for unscheduled overtime to meet production schedules.
Required : High School Graduate or equivalent.
Preferred : Trade/Vocational Certificate from machining school or Associates Degree in related field.
- MUST HAVE 3+ years CNC machining experience with demonstrated parts.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to read blueprints.Knowledge of GD&T.
- Complete knowledge of G-Codes.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to read and write English and good attendance.
- Capable of lifting twenty-five (25) pounds and working, standing and walking for extended periods in controlled, semi-controlled and ambient machine shop and manufacturing environments.