Part-Time COURTESY CLERK- SMITHFIELD
Are you looking for a career in a friendly and positive environment where you can build experience and knowledge in retail?
Lee’s Marketplace Courtesy Clerk position may be perfect for you!
Department: Front End
Supervisor: Front End Manager
Hours: part time Monday through Saturday, 4 pm to Close
Position Summary: Bag groceries after they are rung into the cash register in an orderly manner being careful not to damage any items. Load bagged groceries in to the shopping cart and also into the car. Straighten and face products as directed by front end manager.
• Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
• Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
• Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
• Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential harmful situation to management.
• Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members.
• Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; meets productivity standardsPrompt and cheerful bagging of customer’s purchases.
• Carryout customer purchases of two bags or more.
• Assist customers in any way that would help to improve their shopping visit.
• Help with price check and return of unwanted items.
• Keep working area and store property free from trash, spills and debris.
• Filling supplies needed for efficient front end operations.
• Perform related duties and assignments as directed by supervisors.
Experience: none required
Minimum Age: 16 years of age
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 50+ pounds
Equipment: Box Cutter, hand cart, motorized shopping cart and ladder
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk and stand for long periods of time, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED; or related job experience and/or training are required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required, and other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.