Full-Time DAIRY CLERK – SMITHFIELD
Do you have excellent customer service skills? In the Dairy/Frozen department you will get the opportunity to work hand in hand with the great community that we get to serve, all while working individually to ensure the department is well stocked and clean for our guests.
Supervisor: DAIRY MANAGER
Hours: Varied, Full time, 6pm to 5pm, 35-40 hours per week
Position Summary: Assist the Dairy Manager in the overall efficient operation of the Dairy Department. This responsibility will include implementation of all company policies, budgets and operating procedures within the department.
- Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
- Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
- Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
- Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential harmful situation to management.
- Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members.
- Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
- Keeps shelves, coolers, and display fixtures cleaned and fully stocked.
- Continually practice self-development so that additional duties and responsibilities can be assumed.
- Assist in the prompt return and receipt of credit on outdated or damaged vendor products.
- Monitor and control proper receipts of incoming supplier products in accordance with company policy.
- Inform Dairy/Frozen Manager of any pricing discrepancies or out-of-stocks.
- Loads and unloads dairy products and displays in a fast, efficient, and safe manner, taking care to avoid product damage while maintaining the established cases per man-hour goals.
- Ensure that all products are clearly and accurately priced including proper price change techniques.
- Make sure that all damaged products are properly recorded, re-worked or stored in designated backroom dairy areas.
- Properly face all products with labels forward, upon completion of product stocking.
- Insure that proper receiving methods are used and that product is refrigerated immediately.
Experience: No experience necessary
Minimum Age: 18 Years of age.
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 60+ pounds
Equipment: pallet jack, forklift, box-cutter, two-wheeler, six-wheeler, baler, ladder, etc.
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED; or related job experience and/or training are required.
This job description is a summary of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.