Part-Time Fitness Instructor
Group Fitness Instructor
Salary: $14.00 – $21.00/hr DOE
Continuous recruitment-positions filled as they become available
The thriving, young community of Nibley is seeking qualified fitness instructors for group fitness classes. Instructors will promote active and healthy lifestyles, help improve participants overall health, and build community unity through fitness instruction.
Under direction of the Recreation Director, Group Fitness Instructors will offer specialty group fitness classes including but not limited to: Yoga, Pilates, HIGH, Refit, Tobata, Zumba, Intensity, TONIC, and or other fitness specialty classes; educate participants on fitness and safety, and maintain a safe and enjoyable atmosphere.
- Teach scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provide adequate warm-up, exercises, stretching, and cool down.
- Instruct participants on effective workout methods; explain proper techniques, demonstrate exercises; identify different muscle groups, and teach appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Prepare appropriate equipment, music, and or handouts for each class.
- Assist participants, answer questions, and maintain a positive exercise experience for members and class participants, build a supportive social atmosphere and a happy, healthy, fitness community.
- Keep recreation director informed of participant and facility needs, and record attendance.
- Ensure that safety standards are met.
- Group Fitness Certification.
- Specialty fitness certification as applicable.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of hire.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Possession of CPR, First-Aid, and AED certifications or ability to certify within 3 months of hire date
This work requires physical strength and agility to perform the essential functions of the position which may include bending, lifting, stretching, reaching, aerobic activity, and other varied physical activities associated with performing the essential functions.
- A pre-employment drug screening, physical and criminal background check will be required prior to beginning employment.
- Demonstration of group fitness instruction may be required prior to employment
How to ApplyApplication Information Interested applicants must provide
- Employment application: available online @ NibleyCity.com
- Student references are also recommended
- Application materials should be submitted via email,
- Only electronic applications will be accepted.