Full-Time FLORAL DESIGNER- Smithfield
WE ARE SEARCHING FOR AN EXPERIENCED, TALENTED FLORAL DESIGNER WITH EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS AND A HAPPY DISPOSITION! This is not your typical grocery store floral department, we are growing and have a big clientele! We create custom wedding party flowers, corsages and bouts for high school dances, funeral work, everyday items, etc.
Job Description follows:
Supervisor: FLORAL MANAGER
Hours: Varied, part time or full time, 20-40 hrs per week, (up to 40 during large events) Specifically seeking help for the month of May but can turn into longer based on performance.
Position Summary: Maintain a beautiful presence of fresh, quality floral arrangements and plants. Educate guests and co-workers on care and handling procedures for all products. Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with the public.
• Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
• Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
• Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
• Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential harmful situation to management.
• Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members.
• Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
• Proper care and nourishment of all plants and fresh flowers within assigned department.
• Maintain and merchandise floral products in a proper manner.
• Price product accurately and cleanly.
• Attain and maintain highest level of product knowledge possible.
• Receive product from suppliers and verify invoice accurately.
• Clean and maintain floral cases and equipment properly.
Experience: Previous floral experience preferred but not necessary
Minimum Age: 16 Years of age
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 30+ pounds
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED; or related job experience and/or training are required.
This job description is a summary of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.