This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
21 Feb 2020
Full-Time General Manager
POSITION TITLE: General Manager (“GM”)
REPORTS TO:Area Director
DIRECT REPORTS:Operations Team Lead, Sales team Lead, Fitness Team Lead, Group X Team Lead, Kid Care Team Lead
The General Manager is responsible for driving performance that results in all financial targets and KPI’s being achieved, or ideally, exceeded in their fitness center. They achieve this by building and developing a high-performing team who enable our members to achieve their fitness goals while enjoying a world-class experience every visit.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build and develop a high performing team. This deliverable involves establishing a culture within the team that adheres to our core values and drives accountability. The GM is responsible for attracting, hiring, coaching and maximizing the engagement of the management team for their fitness center. This also applies to the GM’s area team as well, building strong relationship with area team, providing support to fellow GM’s and contributing to the overall regional market.
- Enable our members to achieve their fitness goals. This deliverable involves ensuring that every member of the team focuses on finding our members “why” and helping them identify the right programs / tools to achieve it, including Group X classes, TEAM, personal training, etc.
- Deliver a world-class member experience. This deliverable involves ensuring our members receive a friendly greeting; all equipment is fixed as quickly as possible; the fitness centers are sparkling clean; and all playbooks and programming in the fitness center are executed flawlessly. This includes leveraging existing tools, resources, programs and framework to achieve operational excellence.
- Drive performance that results in all financial targets and KPI’s being achieved, or ideally, exceeded. This deliverable involves managing and achieving overall membership sales, member retention, fitness sessions sold and services targets in addition to all other established KPI’s for the fitness center. This also includes managing operating costs by controlling labor and equipment expense without sacrificing the needs of our members. The GM achieves results by identifying fitness club growth opportunities and creating and communicating plans to achieve goals.
The competencies for successful performance in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Learn & Apply
- Passion for Fitness
- Member Experience Champion
- Develops High Performing Teams
- Attention to Detail
- Gets It Done!
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 3+ years’ experience building high performing teams/management experience required
- Applicable and transferable experience ideally from the fitness, retail or restaurant industries required
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable work experience required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and interpersonal savvy
VASA Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer