Part-Time Grocery Clerk-Logan
Are you looking for a great part-time career opportunity with a fast growing company?
Lees Marketplace in Logan is adding team members to their evening Grocery team!
Supervisor: GROCERY MANAGER, ASSISTANT MANAGERS
Hours: Part-time, 24 hours per week, Must be available from 4pm-12am
Position Summary: Responsibilities include assisting with ordering, pricing, stocking and rotation of our merchandise. You are a key factor in ensuring accuracy and guest confidence.
• Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
• Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
• Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
• Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential harmful situation to management.
• Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members.
• Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
• Is capable of and maintains proper methods of product handling, case cutting, price marking, rotation and display of merchandise.
• Meets productivity standards. Achieves and maintains established cases per man-hour and price changes per man-hour goals.
• Maintains a well-stocked store through an effective control of inventory in line with established guidelines.
• Inform the Grocery Manager of any pricing discrepancies or out-of-stocks.
• Assist in building store displays as directed by Grocery Manager and Assistant Grocery Manager.
• Use all equipment properly and safely to avoid injury to yourself and others.
• Assist customers needing help to locate items or seeking information.
• Promptly and courteously provide customer checkout assistance, bagging and carryout service when requested.
• Stock and display all assigned products in a fast, efficient and safe manner, avoiding product damage.
• Clean and straighten backroom. Insure that all excess product inventories are stored in an orderly and safe manner in designated backroom areas.
• Make certain that all damaged products are properly recorded and stored in designated backroom areas.
• Properly face all products with labels forward.
Minimum Age: 18 Years of age.
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 50+ pounds
Equipment: Required to use and operate: Pallet jack, forklift, box-cutter, two-wheeler, six-wheeler, baler, ladder, etc.
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED; or related job experience and/or training are required.
This job description is a summary of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.