Part-Time Lee’s Service Deli Clerk – SmithfieldMarketplace
Do you enjoy cooking delicious foods? If so, then apply to join our team as a Service Deli Clerk where you will be cooking fried chicken, making fresh pasta salads, and assisting customers with their Deli needs.
SERVICE DELI CLERK
Department: SERVICE DELI
Supervisor: SERVICE DELI MANAGER
Hours: Part Time, 3PM-11PM, 15-29 hrs per week,
Position Summary: Serving our guests in a cheerful and helpful manner, displaying and restocking product and assisting with preparation of deli items. A great personality, good organizational skills and the ability to work quickly and efficiently are requirements for this position.
• Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
• Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
• Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
• Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential harmful situation to management.
• Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members.
• Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
• Provides excellent guest service by acknowledging guests promptly and taking their orders accurately. Prepares and processes the guest’s orders promptly and finalizes their purchase in a friendly manner.
• Assists in the displaying and restocking of deli products. Ensures shelves are filled, faced and cleaned.
• Maintains the highest standards in relation to stock rotation.
• Assists the department to maintain proper freshness, pricing, code dating, tare and merchandising of products in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Helps maintain product and cost control in conjunction with company objectives to maximize department sales and profits and minimize losses.
Experience: Food experience helpful but not necessary
Minimum Age: 18 Years of age.
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 30+ pounds
Equipment: Fryers, Rotisserie, Slicers, Cash Register, knives.
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED; or related job experience and/or training are required.
This job description is a summary of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.