Part-Time Meat Clerk-Smithfield
Here at Lee’s Marketplace, we provide the highest quality of meat in town with excellent customer service.
We are looking to add team members to our Meat Department who are positive, self motivated, and customer oriented!!
Supervisor: MEAT Manager
Hours: 26 HOURS PER WEEK, MUST BE AVAILABLE BETWEEN 3PM-11PM
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting with the overall efficient operation of the Meat Department. You are responsible for assisting the Meat Manager with the displaying and preparation of meat products. You must have good organizational skills, an understanding of our guests’ needs, and work well with other departments. Skills in display, preservation of meat products and communicating with team members and the public will be necessary for you to succeed.
• Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
• Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
• Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
• Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential legal situation to management.
• Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members. Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
• Assisting in maintaining proper freshness, code dating, tares and merchandising of the Meat Department in compliance with governmental guidelines and company policies and procedures.
• Assist in proper department pricing, rotating and merchandising to meet company policies, procedures and objectives.
• Help maintain an awareness of competitive activity within the store marketing areas at all times as it relates to the Meat Department.
• Has knowledge of various cuts and types of meat products.
• Help to insure that the physical appearance of the department, including selling and backroom areas meet maintenance and sanitation standards of the company and government regulatory agencies at all times.
• Help to maintain all department equipment in good working order.
• Responsible for cleanliness of department as directed by Meat Department Manager.
Minimum Age: 18 Years of age
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 30+ pounds
Equipment: Required to use or operate slicer, grinder, tenderizer, knives, etc.
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED;
Other: Food Handler’s Permit required
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required, any other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.