Part-Time Meat Cutter/Specialist – Weekend Shift – Smithfield
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting the Meat Manager with the displaying of and preparation of meat products. They must have good organizational skills, an understanding of our guests needs, they must work well with other departments and promote teamwork within the store. Skills in accounting, display, preserving meat products and communicating with the public are requirements to succeed in this job.
- Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior
- Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
- Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential harmful situation to management.
- Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members.
- Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
- Ensure that proper receiving methods are used and that product is refrigerated immediately.
- Capable of properly identifying, cutting and processing all types of meat according to company standards and guidelines.
- Know and maintain knowledge of all meat items and be able to answer questions from customers about ingredients and preparation, ensuring customer satisfaction as per company service level standards.
- May be responsible for ordering and maintaining proper inventories of some products and supplies as directed by the Meat Manager.
- Know proper receiving policy. Know and understand product invoices.
- Know proper pricing procedures and how to operate wrapping machine in absence of Meat Wrapper.
- Know and maintain all grinds as per company standards.
- Capable of properly filling, rotating, arranging, and merchandising meat in display cases and storage coolers.
- Aware of and strict adherence to all rules and guidelines applying to the Meat Department as outlined by company policy and governmental regulatory agencies.
- In the absence of the Meat Manager, you may be called upon to perform additional duties as directed by the Meat Manager or Store Director.
- Must be familiar with store layout, location of safety and emergency equipment.
Experience: Previous experience in the Meat Industry is preferred
Minimum Age: 18 Years of age.
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 80+ pounds
Equipment: Experience in the operation of a meat saw, grinder, cubing machine, wrapping machine, knives, slicer, steamer, and scales.
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED; or related job experience and/or training are required.