Full-Time Meat Department Clerk-North Ogden
The Meat industry is a high demand field with opportunity for long term, successful careers. We are looking to add team members who are ready for a rewarding career with a fast growing company to join our Meat shop in North Ogden!
Lees Marketplace is known for our high quality meats and positive team members who truly love what they do. Come join our Meat Department where our highly experienced Meat Manager Tim and his valued team will show you all the tricks and trades of the Meat department from the ground up and can get you started in YOUR career today!
Supervisor: MEAT DEPARTMENT MANAGER
Hours: Must be available between 3pm-10pm
Position Summary: Assist the Meat Manager with the displaying and preparation of meat products. You must have good organizational skills, an understanding of our guests’ needs, and work well with other departments. Promoting teamwork in your department is one of your duties. Skills in display, preservation of meat products and communicating with team members and the public will be necessary for you to succeed.
- Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
- Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
- Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
- Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential harmful situation to management.
- Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members.
- Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
- Assisting in maintaining proper freshness, code dating, tares and merchandising of the Meat Department in compliance with governmental guidelines and company policies and procedures.
- Assist in proper department pricing, rotating and merchandising to meet company policies, procedures and objectives.
- Help maintain an awareness of competitive activity within the store marketing areas at all times as it relates to the Meat Department.
- Has knowledge of various cuts and types of meat products.
- Must be familiar with all company safety and accident prevention policies, reporting all accidents to the department manager, or in their absence, the Store Director.
- Comply with all company policies, programs and directives as specified in Team Member Handbook.
- Help to ensure that the physical appearance of the department, including selling and backroom areas meet maintenance and sanitation standards of the company and government regulatory agencies at all times.
- Help to maintain all department equipment in good working order.
Experience: Previous experience in Meat department helpful
Minimum Age: 18 Years of age.
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift up to 90 pounds
Equipment: Wrapping machine, knives, slicer, steamer and scales.
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED; or related job experience and/or training are required.
This job description is a summary of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.