Part-Time Overnight Freight Crew Stocker-Smithfield
Are you a night owl? Do you enjoy working the overnight hours? Lees Marketplace is hiring Overnight Freight Crew Team Members!!
Supervisor: Grocery Manager
Hours: 11 p.m.-7 a.m., Part Time 24+ hours
Position Summary: The freight crew stocker works graveyard hours. You will work closely with the Grocery Manager and assist him or her in any way possible. The freight crew stocker is responsible for stocking, facing and building product displays.
- Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
- Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
- Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
- Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential harmful situation to management.
- Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members.
- Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
- Is capable of and maintains proper methods of product handling, case cutting, price marking, rotation and display of merchandise.
- Stock and display all assigned products in a fast, efficient and safe manner, taking care to avoid product damage.
- Maintain and achieve cases per man-hour established by the Grocery Manager.
- Properly face all products with labels forward, upon completion of product stocking.
- Inform the Grocery Manager or Assistant Grocery Manager of any pricing discrepancies or out-of-stocks.
- Use all equipment properly and safely to avoid injury to yourself and others.
- Clean and straighten backroom.
- Maintain overall cleanliness of the store.
- Ensure that all excess product inventories are stored in an orderly and safe manner in designated backroom areas.
- Make certain that all damaged products are properly stored in their designated area.
- Must be familiar with all company safety and accident prevention policies, reporting all accidents to the Assistant Grocery Manager, Grocery Manager, Assistant Manager or Store Director.
- Comply with all company policies as specified in the Team Member Handbook
Experience: No previous experience necessary
Minimum Age: Must be at least 18 years if age.
Lifting Requirements: Up to and including 60 pounds.
Equipment: Able to operate a pallet jack, forklift, box-cutter, two wheeler, six wheeler, baler, ladder, etc.
Physical Abilities: Must be able to lift up to and including 60 pounds.
Regularly required to stand, sit, use hands in lifting and gripping, talk, hear, and occasionally crouch or kneel.
Communication: The ability to effectively communicate and respond promptly to pages, requests, and co-workers.
Education: High School Diploma or GED, Basic Reading skills.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required, and other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.