Part-Time Part Time Yard Associate
FUNCTION: The Sunpro Corporation Yard Worker is responsible for providing safe, accurate, and orderly assembly of customer orders and for effectively loading materials on Company and customer trucks.
- Visualizes and implements the Sunpro & Clyde Company’s vision and core values;
- Efficiently and accurately assembles and stages customer orders to prepare them for delivery, inner-yard transfer, or customer pick-up;
- Completes any necessary paperwork associated with incoming/outgoing materials;
- Keeps management apprised of any delays or discripancies;
- Safely operates yard equipment, including power tools and forklift;
- Performs routine pre and post inspections to ensure suitable working nature of equipment. Maintain necessary equipment logs and inform supervisor of deficiencies;
- Perform/prioritize work activity according to business needs and as directed by supervisor;
- Maintains storage areas, entry/exit points and yard areas;
- Assists customers as they enter the yard for material pick-ups or returns;
- Keeps lumberyard, clean, well-organized and safe;
- Deliver materials to commercial and residential customer, loading and unloading of materials, and pulling material/building loads;
- Unload lumber deliveries from suppliers and compare invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct;
- Load lumber and other merchandise into customer/salesman vehicles;
- Answer customers’ questions about merchandise and advise customers’ on merchandise selection;
- Communicates with customers, coworkers, and supervisors in a courteous, effective, and respectful manner;
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook;
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills;
- Ability to achieve performance objectives in a time-sensitive and quality-centered environment;
- Demonstrates initiative and reliability with minimal supervision;
- Safety conscious;
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Experience operating a forklift, able to obtain certification;
- Current medical card and clean MVR required; Class A or B CDL preferred.
- Physical Work Requirements – Heavy: exerting up to 75 lbs of force regularly;
- Repetitive motion associated with operating equipment;
- Regular exposure to the elements;
- Frequent bending, standing, lifting, and ongoing physical activity.
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle job elements essential for making employment decisions. Duties associated with this job and the corresponding job specification may be changed at any time to accommodate Company business needs.