Full-Time Pharmacy Technician
Hours: Varied, part time or full time
Position Summary: Assist the Pharmacist in the operations of the pharmacy; provide prescription product and appropriate guest service in compliance with federal and state laws and store policies and procedures.
- Cash register duties:
- Executes daily third party reports
- Maintains inventory levels to company goals, rotates stock, and utilizes RX return process.
- Helps train other pharmacy technicians and abides by state regulations regarding technician training and licensure.
- Stocks pharmacy product orders to specific bay locations.
- Orders product from preferred wholesale entity first, then other appropriate source as necessary or warranted.
- Accesses the pharmacy computer to obtain complete patient record (on both cash and third party prescriptions) and verifies third party plan parameters.
- Accepts the written prescription or refill information from guests. Confirms completeness of patient record, requests missing information as appropriate and retrieves the guest’s pharmacy record(s) for verification.
- Maintains all state and federal record keeping for controlled substances.
- Ensures timely implementation of company policies, procedures and programs. Enforces professional and operational standards including compliance with legal regulations.
- Assists with monthly CII audits.
- Communicates and cooperates with peers, managers, physicians, and guests in all pharmacy related areas in a courteous and professional manner in accordance with guest service guidelines.
- Responds to telephone requests from guests, physicians, and vendors, within the scope of the law and defers to the pharmacist when necessary.
- Takes all steps required to fill prescriptions in compliance with all laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures regarding the sale of pharmaceuticals including: retrieves the product(s); counts; pours, or measures out the required quantity according to established company methods and procedures; and affixes the label permanently to the container.
- Attends departmental, store and company meetings as required; contributes to profits and revenues and meets productivity standards.
- Continually strives to build knowledge and skills, both personally and within the department and store through training and education of self and other team members.
- Has knowledge of and complies with all company policies, procedures, programs and directives. Refers to Team Member Handbook continually to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Promotes a harassment-free environment, and immediately reports any potential harmful situation to management.
- Provides a safe, clean and positive environment; and consistently builds and supports a culture that is based on relationships and continuous improvement.
- Promote a high level of morale within department and store, utilizing friendly but professional methods of honest and open communication.
- Develop maximum customer relations through a friendly and courteous behavior.
- Operates guest sales register by processing individual guest purchases over the scanner; accurately reads and records prices for items which will not scan.
- Totals guest order; collect cash, checks, credit cards, gift certificates, and coupons from guests; and enters amount and type of payment in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Accurately count out appropriate change.
- Bag all products and affix the receipt to the bag.
- Adhere to Lee’s MarketPlace dress code standards.
- Know the location of general over the counter merchandise.
- Assist with all necessary inventory reports.
- Monitors third party profitability by implementing the proper processing of third party plans
- File paper and keep pharmacy equipment and area clean and organized.
- Ensure that bags and vials are replenished, and that trash is removed and floor is swept, empty totes are removed from sales floor out of guest’s view.
- Attends company meetings for purposes of training, coordinating plans, and communicating policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacist, Store Director, or Lee’s MarketPlace Management.
- Participate in all company sponsored programs.
Experience: Previous pharmacy experience preferred
Education/Licenses: Must hold a valid Pharmacy Technician license in the State of Utah, Must complete continuing education hours as required by law. Must complete all required state, federal and company training programs. (i.e. HIPAA, Methamphetamine, FWA, I-pledge, etc.)
Minimum Age: 18 Years of age
Lifting Requirements: Ability to lift 30+ pounds
Physical Abilities: Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, twist, and bend; repetitive use of hands and arms to push, pull, carry, lift, reach, grip and balance; occasionally stoop, crouch, kneel or crawl. Lifting may include floor to shoulder and overhead lifting. Occasional use and climbing of step stools or ladders required.
Environmental Factors: Exposure to cleaning chemicals, compounding chemicals, and blood borne pathogens
Communication: Ability to write, speak, hear and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members and guests. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals.
Education: High School diploma or GED; related job experience and/or training are required.
This job description is a summary of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned by those who are in direct authority or by the Store Director.