Full-Time Purchasing Manager
Sunroc Building Materials
Since 1938, Sunroc Building Materials (SBM) has been providing quality building and construction supplies to contractors, builders and homeowners throughout the Intermountain West, backed by outstanding customer service.
At Sunroc Building Materials, our people make the difference. Recognized as one of Utah’s “Best Companies to Work For” in 2017, 2015 and 2014, SBM has always placed the highest value on maintaining a positive, rewarding, and energizing work culture. We recognize the value of our team and offer highly competitive compensation and benefits, as well as opportunities for advancement and growth. If you are motivated by meaningful work, learning new things and recognition for outstanding achievement you will love working at Sunroc Building Materials.
To accommodate continued growth and expansion, SBM is seeking a “detail-oriented” Purchasing Manager to drive and develop the organization’s logistic and supply chain capabilities. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Develop purchasing systems and strategies that align with SBM’s business objectives and industry standards of best practice;
- Implement lean methodologies to optimize system performance and inventory management;
- Support key internal and external business partners by maintaining optimal inventory and supply levels;
- Participate with other members of the purchasing team in purchasing and developing cost levels for quoting and sales;
- Develop and implement negotiation strategies in support of SBM’s performance objectives and strategic vision;
- Maintain profitable supplier and sourcing relationships by tracking delivery performance and responding to problems in a timely and proactive manner;
- Resolve vendor and contractor grievances;
Skills and Qualifications
- Strategic Orientation Ability to understand, explain and emphasize the importance of the purchasing groups alignment with changing business priorities of the organization;
- Supplier Management Skills Strong negotiation, problem solving, and performance management skills;
- Analytical Strength Identifies opportunities, threats, and relevant trends through the accurate analysis of key performance and market data;
- Opportunity Development Quickly and effectively identifies opportunities for business growth and operational improvement;
- Interpersonal Skills – Professional written and verbal communication skills as well as effective relationship-building abilities,
- Technical skills strong computer proficiencies including, Microsoft Office Suite, inventory and account management software, time clock, Company intranet, etc.
- 4-6 years in mill level commodity lumber/panel buying and/or trading;
- 3-5 years’ of purchasing experience in the building materials or construction supply industry;
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or a related field;
- Familiarity with regional market and business conditions;
- Physical Work Requirements – Medium: exerting up to 15 lbs. of force regularly;
- Repetitive motion associated with operating a computer and other office equipment;
- Frequent bending, standing, or lifting;
- Ongoing local travel.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.