Part-Time Recreation Coordinator
Part-time Seasonal (Open until filled)
Application Deadline: January 15, 2018 (first screening of applicants)
The thriving, young community of Nibley City in Cache County is seeking a qualified and driven Part-time Seasonal Recreation Coordinator, for the Spring and Summer of 2018, to help build a happy, healthy, connected community.
Under supervision of the Recreation Director, the Coordinator will plan, organize, implement, supervise, manage, and evaluate recreation programs and community events to meet given objectives. Upon completion of an office orientation and recreation department training, the coordinator will work on independent assignments along with supporting the Recreation Director in the planning and implementation of recreation events, programs, and other community outreach. The Coordinator will work with community events, youth and adult sports, fitness events and programs, performing arts events and programs; and, based on community interest, the development of nature programs, summer camps, outdoor recreation, and other innovative recreation experiences.
The coordinator will prepare promotional advertising; create and monitor programs; plan and coordinate special events; recruit, train, and supervise volunteers; perform community outreach; prepare and maintain reports and equipment inventory; assist other staff members, and the public as needed; and perform other related duties as assigned.
Duration, Schedule, & Expectations
(Flexible and negotiable based on the Coordinator’s availability)
- A Commitment of availability for the 2018 Spring and Summer Season
- 20 hrs./week on average (this will vary from 5-30 hrs./week depending on upcoming events and programs)
- This position requires working varied hours, including some early mornings, nights, and occasional weekends.
- Learning and implementing event management and program development best practices
- Potentially participating in the development of new programs and events
- Learning how to work within budget guidelines and restrictions
- VALUABLE MARKETABLE EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELDS OF: RECREATION, AND COMMUNITY HEALTH
This work requires some lifting of heavy objects and boxes; office work and outdoor recreation work with some exposure to adverse weather conditions. The ideal candidate will work well under pressure, and meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The Coordinator must demonstrate a cooperative attitude through positive interaction with participants, volunteers, colleagues, and supervisors and is expected to exercise judgment and initiative in completing their work on time.
Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and criminal background check.
Wage and Required Skills/Experience
Starting wage will be between $12.50 and $15.00/hr depending on applicable experience. The position requires: a bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Community health, or other related fields [Alternatively, a high school diploma (or equivalent), and 1-3 years of recreation experience are also acceptable] with preference given to those with a demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the position. Possession of or ability to obtain a valid CPR certificate; a valid driver’s license with an ability to pull a trailer; exceptional customer service skills; the ability to effectively direct a group; the ability to use a computer to manage work and create hard copy and electronic promotional materials; the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
How to ApplyApplication Information
- Interested applicants must complete an employment application available @ NibleyCity.com. Provide a cover letter and résumé outlining their recreation experience, education, interests and goals.
- Application materials should be submitted via email and should be addressed as follows:
- Subject Line: Coordinator App Addressed to: Chad Wright, Recreation Director: email@example.com